CYCLING & MOUNTAINBIKING
Venosta Valley -
Breathtaking mountain panoramas, luscious green alpine meadows, picturesque mountain villages, cultural highlights and culinary delights attract not only enthusiastic hikers in the Venosta Valley, but, above all, also cyclists and mountain bikers. Countless trails and cycle paths provide a diverse biking holiday in South Tyrol.
Tours through the vast, level valley bottom are ideal for moderate cyclists, pleasure cyclists and families. But even ambitious cyclists can find sporty as well as challenging destinations and routes on stunning mountain passes and on mountain slopes - every type of cycling enthusiast will find the most suitable track in the heart of the South Tyrolean Alps.
Tours on the Venosta Valley cycle route along the Via Claudia Augusta up to Merano or on the 2,760 m high Passo dello Stelvio/Stilfserjoch are a particular highlight for every cyclist.
The sunny Venosta Valley opens up a true biker's paradise to mountain bikers and free riders. Tricky single trails, enthralling downhill tracks and strenuous high altitude tours will get bikers' hearts racing faster.
Hardcore bike enthusiasts and beginners will find a variety of routes through forests and meadows on over 80 first class marked flow trails, offering continuously impressive long-distance views of the surrounding mountain
panoramas with mighty peaks - pure mountain biking pleasure.
The family-run active hotel Der Mohrenwirt**** is a member of the "Bikeschule Südtirolbike" (South Tyrol biking school) and thereby introduces you to many benefits for your biking holiday in the Venosta Valley:
- GIANT Mountainbike (€ 25,00 per day) and CUBE E-Bike Mountainbike (€ 35,00 per day) rental at the Hotel Der Mohrenwirt****
- Tested bike criteria and bike expertise directly at the hotel
- Professional bike briefing Guide comes to the hotel on request and for reservation after dinner.
- Free bike briefing at Bikepoint Malles/Mals every Monday from 3pm
- 12 guided bike tours per week at different levels
- Guaranteed weekend bike programme on request (min. 4 people)
- Guaranteed bike shuttle programme
- Lockable bike storage, workbench with special tools, washing station, spare parts such as hoses.
Bikeshop Tenne in Malles/Mals as our partner: www.sport-tenne.com
- Washing service for your biking gear for an extra charge
- Packed lunch available on request
- Free GPS rental from Garmin
- Guaranteed tour programme from early April to early November.